We hear all the time that God loves us, but there are times we don’t always feel that love. If we believe our prayers are not being answered we might question if we really matter. After all, He’s the creator of the Universe, and I’m just a small dot in the world.
Let me make this clear. God loves you. You DO matter to Him.
Verse Isaiah 44:2a states, This is what the LORD says– he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you. At the time He was speaking to Jeremiah, but this verse applies to us all. God made us in our mother’s womb. He knows every hair on your head.
But how do we come to feel that we are important to God if that love isn’t there? The following are several things you can do to feel closer to the Lord.
- First is to pray that you feel God’s presence. No matter what you’re going through or how small you might feel in God’s eyes, you are so important that He wants to hear from you.
- Take a step back from your emotions and look at your life. Find ten ways you are blessed. I love to do this. It makes me realize how God has covered every need I have including food, shelter, and healthy children.
- Look at all the loved ones God has put in your life. Caring people set an example of God’s love.
- Read every Bible verse on love. You’ll be amazed how many there are.
- Let your brain take over your emotions. Our emotions have a tendency to lie to us at times, so continually tell yourself you are loved. You will eventually believe it.
If you have never known the power of God’s love, then maybe it is because you have never asked to know it – I mean really asked, expecting an answer. – Frederick Buechner
It’s time to realize you do matter to God. His love for you is insurmountable. You can’t even begin to fathom the depths of how much He loves you. So relish in it. Meditate on it, until you feel it not only in your heart but your head.
Feeling His love is the best way to know true joy.
If you or someone you know are in need of prayer this week, please let us know. We’d be more than happy to pray for you.
And if this post moved you in some way, please feel free to share it.